Board of Trustees
Alain Robert, President of the Board of Trustees
- since 1997 - 2022 in leading positions with the Union Bank in Switzerland (UBS) and UBS AG
- former Vice Chairman of Global Wealth Management of UBS Switzerland AG
- former Member of the UBS Group
- former Head of UBS Wealth Management and Business Banking Switzerland
- holds various council mandates in business and culture in Switzerland
Prof. Rudolf Aebersold, Member of the Board of Trustees and Scientific Consultant
- is a cell biologist and devotes himself to the investigation of proteins
- he has studied at the University of Basel and at the California Institute of Technology
- he was professor at the University of British Colombia in Vancouver and at the University of Washington in Seattle
- he was one of the co-founders of the Institute of System Biology in Seattle
- since 2004 Prof. Aebersold is professor of System Biology at the Institute of Molecular System Biology at the ETH Zurich and at the Scientific Faculty of the University of Zurich
- since February 2020 Prof. Aebersold is professor emeritus of System Biology at the Institute of Molecular System Biology at the ETH Zurich and at the Scientific Faculty of the University of Zurich
Bernard Keller, Member of the Board of Trustees
- 2015-present: Managing Director of the Helmut Horten Foundation
- Council member of foundations and the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA
- 1985-2014: leading positions in private banking with the Union Bank of Switzerland (SBG) and Bank Julius Baer & Co. AG
- former member of management of Bank Julius Baer & Co. AG
Dr. Heimo Scheuch, Member of the Board of Trustees
- since 2009 CEO of Wienberger AG, a leading international group provider of innovative building material and infrastructure headquartered in Vienna
- studied law, economics and business administration in Vienna and Paris and holds a doctorate in law
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Wiener Börse AG and holds various mandates in business and culture in Austria, Belgium and Germany
Corina Albertini, Managing Director
- since 2023 Managing Director of the Helmut Horten Foundation
- from 2019 to 2023 in leading positions in various Swiss foundations (most recently member of the management board of the regional Competence Centre for Nonprofit and Philynthropy – cenpro)
- from 1996 to 2019 in leading positions in the field of asset management at BSI, Thalia SA and Generali Thalia Investments France, among others
- board member of foundations and of the decommissioning fund for nuclear facilities and disposal fund for nuclear power plants (STENFO)
INNOVATION AND SUSTAINABILITY
The Helmut Horten Foundation has been supporting the Institute for Research in Biomedicine in Bellinzona since 1999 and the Department of Biology at the ETH Zurich since 2009. These are innovative and sustainable institutions working for the further development of research in the field of human immunology. Thanks to the support of the Helmut Horten Foundation, they are now in a position to significantly strengthen their leading international standing in the fields of life sciences and personalised medicine.
Foundation Advisory Board
Att. Francesco Galli (Legal Counsel)
- Law degree from St. Gallen and Zurich
- Attorney and Notary in the Canton of Ticino
- Partner of a renowned law firm in Lugano
Prof. Dr. med. Markus G. Manz (Scientific Consultant)
- Since 2009 he is Professor of Hematology at the Medical Faculty of the University of Zurich and Director of the Department for Medical Oncology and Hematology at the University Hospital of Zurich. He also heads the Leukemia-, Lymhoma-, and Myeloma-Center of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Zurich.
- He studied medicine at the University of Tübingen in Germany, where he also obtained his doctoral degree and completed his further medical training as an internist, hematologist and oncologist.
- Prior to his appointment in Zurich, he conducted research at Stanford University Medical School in California, the Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland (IOSI) and the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB) in Bellinzona.
- His research focuses on healthy hematopoiesis in the context of normal aging and inflammation as well as on hematopoietic malignancies and the improvment of treatment options.
- He is a member of serveral national and international scientific organizations for the promotion of research on cancer.